Martes, Marso 22, 2011

On Getting Married

One of my college friends is getting married this April 12, 2011. They've been together for three years, spent good and bad times together, introduced each other to their respective families, went to different places together, ate out many times, took pictures together and many more. Thats is the exact same scenario I wanted 5 years ago. Well it can still be what I want, it's just not reflecting as I go through re-routing in my life.


I am praying they would have a magnificent married life as my parents did. I am still disillusioned of having to give yourself to someone, with all your love and trust, and respect, hoping that the other person would do the same. As I witnessed relationships that are tested by time, models that should make me believe in love of the lifetime, I still cannot convince myself of it because I had a share of witnessing couples and marriages broke down. I was even part of a wala-na-kame-matagal-na-marriage-is-not-for-us-its-the-best-for-the-children-if-we-break-up situation once.


After a-not-so-great-event in my life, I realized that it takes 200% of someone's patience and commitment to be and stay with that kind of relationship. Bravo for the couples who stand by each other, who still continue to keep the love and save the marriage. It's not a walk in the park situation. I really commend people who can commit their whole self and whole life to their other half. I believe I once had that kind of guy who can give me the world, but stupid me let go of him. No regrets sure, but of course, it's still nakakapanghinayang. All I am thinking is that, it made me who I am now and made him who he is now. Who know's, we're still destined to each other after all? Hehe :D


I guess all I need is time to believe and love again. I am happy for Dyan and Marion. Not every couple is brave enough to face reality. In two years time kaya I'll be like them with the man meant for me? Sana.♥

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento