Martes, Pebrero 28, 2012

Moving On 101


Moving on is a state of mind and an abstract of emotions.

Yes naman, feeling lecturer. Why? Ang dami ko na kasing moving on na pinagdaanan. Hehe. And I have a pretty good collection of the moving on processes I've gone through; those that have worked and those that did not. Disclaimer. Moving on still depends on the person experiencing it.

An anticipated ending hurts badly, how much more if its an unseen one? I experienced my first real heartbreak back when I was  in 3rd year high school. It was really painful; I cried myself to sleep for 3 long months and it turned me into someone I never wanted to be: pathetic and loser me.

Denial of my own shortcomings plus hatred pushed me to do things I should have not done. I confronted the girl, threw harsh and evil words, used someone to get even and be a rebound, spread nasty things about the involved, and a lot more.

A few more heartbreaks after. Moving on back then meant make myself looked like the victim, showed everyone I did no wrong, and jumped from one guy after another to boost my shattered ego.

What did it bring me? Nothing but a long time haunting of my own retired self. It was tiring to combat with your own repression, trying to always prove everybody I was strong.

Until another heartbreak moved me. And here are the things that helped me:

Prayers: As they say, prayers can move mountains. Yes it can. Without a doubt it can. It has always been my number one gear to get through the painful days of being heart broken. I need not elaborate further.

Cut all ties: It was my first time to steer away from the noisy and nosy world, and it worked. I, a self-confessed social networking freak, gave up FB that time. That was to avoid hearing any kind of story about my past. I asked my friends not to mention his name nor share with me anything about him. I even stopped communicating with our common friends just to secure myself not to know anything. Yes, I was in denial, I was coward, I walked out. I don't care. It helped me. A LOT.

Cry: It won't make you less of a person if you cry. Its a heartbreak, no one's ever gone through an easy heartbreak! You don't have to act or show people you are strong. Admit it, you are not. Cry until you cry no more, until tears do not fall anymore, until you end up smiling or laughing because you're just forcing yourself to mourn.

Of course, the support system: My friends and family were never out of the picture. But this time, I learned to choose who to go to. I learned that not everyone is a friend to you. Out of 25 considered friends, only 10 were proven to be true. So be careful.

And lastly (though not necessary but it did help me), open yourself to a new reason to smile because of kilig. I found mine a month after...and that smile stays until this moment. :)

I didn't say that you have to force yourself, just open up. It will help you taste a much sweeter life after chewing a bitter crap of the past. :)




1 komento: